Cardio, or Cardiovascular training is training your heart and lungs to become more efficient and cope with more intense exercise for a longer period of time. By using cardio vascular equipment, you challenge your heart and lungs, forcing them to take oxygen into the body at a higher rate and send it to working muscles to perform exercise.
There are many benefits to this form of exercise including:
- Lower resting heart rate
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Being able to exercise for longer periods of time without fatigue
- Gives you a feeling of more energy
- Better able to cope with stress
Is a muscle based exercise through a range of movement concentrating solely on your body position and posture and not the weight that you are trying to lift. There are many benefits of resistance training that you do not get from cardio vascular work.
- Building strength
- Rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Re-address muscular imbalances
- Prevention of osteoporosis by building bone density
- Increase your metabolic rate which in turn burns more fat
These are only some of the benefits that both types of exercise give. It is always best to find a balance between both types of exercise.
If you are not sure about what type of training would benefit you the most just contact one of our instructors and we will be delighted to help tailor a training plan for you.
Our fully equipped gym has a variety of machines designed for cardio and resistance training workouts.